Functional Diagnostic Assessments
RMA FST™ IgG Food Sensitivity Testing in Toronto
Common symptoms of food intolerance testing include:
- Systemic: Fever, fatigue, chills, sweating and feeling weak.
- Skin: Acne, itching, redness, swelling, and rashes (including eczema).
- Brain: Mood and memory disturbances and behavioral problems.
- Lungs: Bronchitis and asthma symptoms.
- Musculoskeletal: Joint pain, muscle stiffness and swelling.
- Digestive tract: Nausea & vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort
- Pain: migraines, headaches
In most situations, the reaction to the intolerant food when consumed may occur hours or days.
How do food allergies happen?
Intestinal permeability, commonly nicknamed ‘Leaky gut syndrome’ is a result of inflammation in the gut lining allowing improper passage of food from our digestive system into our bloodstream. Inflammation can be caused by preservatives, stress of all types, certain drugs (like NSAIDs), and alcohol. An inflamed gut lining may result in food particles passing between the enterocytes of our gut wall, and ending up in our bloodstream. The improper presentation of food particles in the bloodstream causes the body to produce immunoglobulins to that food, as our system thinks the food particles are invaders, causing allergy like symptoms.
Food Sensitivity Testing Procedure
Unlike food allergies, food sensitivities are a result of a delayed reaction that is mediated by the IgG antibody. While food sensitivities may not be life threatening, they may be linked to a number of conditions.
- Digestive disorders: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease
- Mood/Attention Deficit Disorders
- Weight Gain
- Inflammatory Skin Conditions (Acne, Psoriasis, Eczema, etc)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
The RMA FST™ measures levels of IgG antibodies to up to 222 different foods via blood draw. Antibodies are highly specialized proteins that bind to specific antigens. All foods have antigen molecules on them, and sometimes these food antigens can trigger the production of antibodies. The exact reason why food antigens trigger the release of IgG antibodies is not known.
Three testing panels are available depending on your diet. Which panel is best suited to you is discussed at the initial consultation.
Get Tested at our Clinic in Toronto
Get a naturopathic doctor to apply the RMA FST™. Testing cannot be ordered without a medical assessment. If you wish to conduct any form of food allergy tests, an initial consultation with Dr. Gupta, ND is required.